How Do I Apply?
8th Grade Students
Admission to St. Mary of the Assumption High School is open to young men and women of any background who fulfill our academic requirements.
Eighth grade applicants who wish to enter St. Mary’s as a freshman must complete the following:
1. Application for admission. Click here to apply.
2. Submit an official transcript from the student’s current school. The transcript should include the student’s 6th, 7th, and most recent 8th grade marks.
3. Take the CO-OP entrance exam*, which is administered by the Newark Archdiocese.
The CO-OP exam will be administered at selected test sites within the Archdiocese. An applicant should take the test at a site that is most convenient for him or her. Registration for the exam runs from early September to early October. For more information about the CO-OP exam, go to: https://www.njcoopexam.org
*If you are applying to SMHS after the COOP, please contact our admissions office for more information.
St. Mary’s is now registering students for all grades, 9-12.
St. Mary’s welcomes students from other high schools to transfer in until March of the current year. Students may transfer into any grade, 9-12. Students who are interested in transferring are asked to complete the following:
- Complete the Application for Admission (click here)
- Submit a copy of you current academic transcript
- Schedule an interview and tour with the Director of Admissions